Inland Sponsorship in Canada

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and your spouse or partner is only a temporary resident (in Canada on a visitor visa, study permit, or work permit) you can sponsor your partner or spouse to become a permanent resident through spousal sponsorship. Inland Sponsorship is a slightly different process than sponsorship of a spouse or partner who is outside Canada, though the requirements are mostly the same.

Documents Required

  • 1) Proof of Education 2) Character doc
  • 3) IELTS Score card 4) Medical doc
  • 5) Employment doc 6) Marriage doc
  • 7) Income Proof 8) Passport Copies
  • 9) Airticket 10) Travel doc

Family Class Sponsorship or Spouse Visa

Anyone who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor an eligible family member to live in Canada as a permanent resident. As a permanent resident, they can live in Canada indefinitely, work, go to school, and receive other benefits such as health care.Here are the list of those who can sponsor the spouse:

1. Same Sex Spouse

Same sex i.e LGBT community can get married to the same sex, and they can sponsor their partners or lifepartner to reside in canada.

2. Fiance

A romantic relationship with the sponsor but is unable to live with them due to circumstances outside their control such as sexual orientation or legal barriers.

3. Dependent Child

This is very good for single mothers, who have a spouse’s or common-law partner’s or boyfriend or girlfriend ready to adopt the partners kid as his/her own kid.

4. Grandchild

A grandchild who is still dependent and want to live with his grandparents forever, this does not mean a marriage rather it comes under family sponsorship.

Requirements for Spouse Sponsorship

When you have sponsored someone to live in Canada, you are financially responsible for their well-being for between 3 – 10 years depending on their relationship to you and their circumstances. This means that if the person you have sponsored or their dependent receives social welfare benefits during this time, you are obligated to pay this money back to the province of their residence.

  • Be at least 18 years old; be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  • Live in Canada or be able to prove that you will live in Canada when the sponsorship application is approved.
  • Prove that you can meet the basic financial needs of the person you are sponsoring and their dependent children.